History Beaudesert Tennis Club
Beaudesert & District Tennis Association was founded 1940’s and was played on private rural properties on private courts in which members would travel to on weekends to hosted events.
The courts & clubhouse on Bromelton Street built in late 60’s early 1970’s and in the 1980’s the original clubhouse was relocated to Woodhill to make way for the build of our current clubhouse.
Tom Ferguson who was a player, coach, referee, president, secretary and patron drove tennis in Beaudesert mortgaged his home to fund the club house. The “Tom Ferguson Shield” was dedicated to Tom for his 25 year service as the secretary of the South Coast & District Tennis Association.
Tom maintained the original ant bed courts which involved watering and rolling them 2-3 times a week in preparation for nightly fixtures, he mowed and maintained the clubhouse and grounds and was actively involved until the day passed away. His son Leslie Ferguson is still a member today and is also actively involved in the club.
Beaudesert & District Tennis Association was a booming place with a large junior membership and held lots of fixture, tournament options.
Today we have a wonderful volunteer based committee, as well as awesome coaches & members who offer a lot of their time into management of fixtures, social nights, sign on days etc. to ensure all of our members succeed in the game and also provide them with what they need.
Currently the club also have some very determined and promising young juniors at the club and we are excited to be able to support them as they grow and achieve their goals.